Tuesday 16 April 2013

One Paper Taker …

 

 

Good evening all, well the weather has certainly picked up here this last week – its been lovely!

Doesn’t it cheer you up, it’s been breezy too so I’ve got all my washing dry – I love pegging washing out, is that a bit sad!!

 

We were all set to take Jess to her work experience and she broke a tooth so we had 3 trips to the dentist in 3 days, they were very good and managed to get it fixed so she’s gone now until May when she goes back to college. I miss her but can’t believe that one little person can make so much mess, the house is certainly tidier and the heating bills lower when she’s not here!!

 

Time for a new Papertake Weekly Challenge and this week and the theme is;

 

One Paper Taker

 

All we want you to do this week is stick to just one patterned / design paper only

 

There’s a fab prize up for grabs for the lucky winner   …and this week our lovely sponsors are Mary & Andrea at The Ribbon Girl

 

 

ten-pound-gift-voucher

 

 

 

As always the design team have made some lovely cards to give you inspiration so make sure you check them out if you need a few ideas

 

This is a bit different for me, I always used to make this shaped card before I started on the square ones, it’s A5 folded lengthways

 

 

PTW3 - One patterend paper

 

JPP Art Pad

 

 

I chose my one and only patterned paper from the Lili of the Valley Candles And Cake pad. I love these papers, it’s a great selection of bright and cheerful colours which are perfect for kids cards, especially boys

I backed it with red card and then cut out the circle with a nestie. This was mounted onto the card base with foam tape, don’t forget to put a square of white behind the circle before you stick it (my card base is black)

I cut the black frame from a scalloped circle nestie and stuck this on next with normal flat tape

Patch is cut out from one of the images in the brilliant new art pads from Lili of the Valley and I stuck him in the opening with some pinflair so he’s 3d and popping out of the frame

 

Hope you like it, I ended up making it about 3 times because I wanted a sentiment on but I just couldn’t get it to look right. I decided to leave it off as there are the words on the paper so I’d love to have your feedback

 

 

Have a lovely evening x

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. This is adorable Anne, love the cute image and fab papers. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Anne. I love the shape and the cute image. I don't think you need a sentiment, the backing paper says it all!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wawwwww Anne this is so pretty and cute. I love how you coloured the image. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Anne. I love that cute image and using those fab papers I don' think you need a sentiment.
    I am just the same as you when it comes to hanging out my washing!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! that paper is fab and the image is so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Anne - such a cute little face and that paper is just fab! I love to peg my washing out too - perhaps that makes us a couple of saddos - I don't know! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne,
    Wow
    What a great card,
    love the cute image,
    simply stunning,
    hugs,
    Heather & Bronwyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Anne :-) the image is adorable and I just love the paper,, sooo cute ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well if you had to pick just one paper you've pick a good'un there honey. I do love blue but this one's just beautiful. I love the image too. Mine have arrived now but I've been so busy that I've not had chance to sit down and play and I don't want to rush it!! I wanted to savour it. Like a bar of Galaxy!! LOL

    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your card is perfect the way it is as the designer paper says it all. I often struggle with the same thing about trying to figure out where to put a sentiment on my card - and usually let my card sit for a while on my desk and go back to it with fresh eyes. I don't think I have ever gone back to add a sentiment and have come to realise that if it's not immediately obvious where a sentiment should go eg: to fill an obvious gap on the main panel or to balance my other embellishments, I should leave it off. I absolutely love how your card is a tall card and so clever to use part of the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose